Permits Required for New Home Construction:

Driveway/Entrance Permit
A Driveway Permit must be approved by DOT if the entrance is located off a State road. A driveway Permit must be provided by the town's highway department if the entrance is off a Town road. These permits need to be approved prior to the issue of Building Permits

**House Number Reminder**

It is State of Maine law that all homes must be marked with 3" (three inch) reflective numbers. If the house in question is over 50 feet from the road the numbers must be on the mail box, on a post, on a fence or a wall on the same side of the road that the principle structure is located. The numbers need to be visible ALL YEAR round. It is the obligation of the person living at a residence to display the assigned numbers. You can create your own sign that follows the guidelines or you can contact the Fire Department and they can make one for you for a $15 fee.

MFD House Number Application

Building Permit
A building permit application must be filled out completely and signed by the applicant. A plot plan showing the setbacks from each property line to the nearest portion of the structure must accompany the building application. This permit must be paid for prior to issue.

External Plumbing Permit
A site plan must be designed by a licensed site evaluator and must be approved prior to issuing a building permit. Three copies of the plan (HHE-200 must be provided. This permit must be paid for prior to issue.

Internal Plumbing Permit
The town will provide a State Plumbing Application to be filled out by the applicant or their appointee. If the plumbing is to be done by a licensed plumber, rather than the homeowner, the plumbers license # must be provided on the permit. This permit must be paid for prior to issue.

Impact Fee
Prior to the issuance of Building Permits, the Town of Minot requires that all applicable Impact Fees are paid in full. (SUSPENDED)